Guest Blogger Hannah West: Luxurious Bathroom Designs
With so many living spaces to steal the action, the bathroom can easily be the most overlooked room in any house. But at Modernize, we know that designing a master bath with luxury in mind can give you a glamorous oasis that you’ll never want to leave. From roomy showers to iconic bathtubs, basin sinks to smooth hardwood details, here are a few inspiring, contemporary designs that will make you rethink the most relaxing room in your home.
- Floor to ceiling marble lends an airy continuity to this sleek, neutral spa. Rounded edges on the freestanding bathtub and sinks further add to the seamlessness and flow, especially when punctuated by the circular mirrors and geometric shelf. This bathroom is bright yet mellow, easy on the eyes, and perfect for a soothing hour of soaking without any interruptions.
- Hardwood walls give this bathroom a more natural look, reminiscent of a meditation room or sauna. The medium shade of the wood livens up the neutral floor, while the freestanding sink and similarly simple bathtub offer a simplistic and fresh take on the space. The lack of windows makes this retreat feel truly secluded. Minimalism never looked so tantalizing.
- Textured tile gives a serene tranquility to this calm space’s already pleasing lines. The wall-mounted ladder ups the ante, bringing the look from stylish to unique. A modern geometric mirror, freestanding bathtub, and a wall-mounted dark wood counter make this vanity the epitome of sophistication.
- There’s no doubt that this bathroom was created with tranquility in mind. The soothing monochromatic palette draws the eye to the stunning mosaic wall. The travertine adds an ornamental aspect to the soft, smooth finish of the wall-mounted sinks and freestanding bathtub.
- The monochromatic striped wall tile, twin freestanding sinks, and sconce lighting gives this bathroom a sleek, modern feel, and the addition of greenery warms the rooms for a contemporary yet cozy space.
- The spaciousness of this dreamy bathroom could easily make simple shapes and limited palette look like a total yawn. But the unique textured wall tile, pops of natural wood, and attention-grabbing built-in shelf put the uncluttered setup into perspective: it’s as elegant as it is simple. Rectangular shapes work seamlessly together to create a harmonious space.