1. Lamitech is available on 30x1-m. coils. It is characterised by its ease of application and handling. Before installation, trim the sheet to the necessary measurements.
2. For installing lamitech, the use of a cement-based adhesive (Type C2 as per the UNE-EN 12004 standard) is recommended. The bonding material should be applied using the thin-bed method, with a U-4 notched trowel. Respect the adhesive's working times.
3. Once the sheet is placed over the adhesive, press down on the entire surface with the flat side of the notched trowel. This will ensure total coverage and prevent pockets of air from appearing.
4. Lamitech sheets should be joined together by placing them flush against one another, so that there are no gaps or overlapping. This union should be sealed with lami-band 200, bonded with Type C2 cement-based adhesive, so that this band is centred over the joint. For areas with a high degree of moisture, use an epoxy adhesive (Type R, as per UNE-EN 12004).
5. In the event that lamitech is being used exclusively as a separating layer, sealing the joints between different lamitech sheets is not necessary.
6. The unions between the sheets and the wall should be sealed with lami-band 200, arranged in L-shaped fashion, 10 cm. over the floor and the wall, bonded with Type C2 cement-based adhesive. If there are expansion joints, lamitech sheets should be separated, with the space over joints sealed with butech's waterproof band.
7. We recommend the use of wide-rimmed sumps to which lamitech sheets can be bonded to. The waterproofing of sumps is performed by fitting previously cut lamitech sheets up against the edges of the sump. This union should then be sealed with an imperband sheet with a hole matching the diameter of the sump in question, overlapping at least 10 cm. in all directions over the lamitech sheets.
8. Once the substrate has been waterproofed, ceramic tile installation can begin. No waiting time is necessary. The installation of the covering should be performed using the thin-bed method with a Type C2 cement-based adhesive. For grouting installation joints, we recommend the use of the colorstuk line of mortars, which are characterised by their ease of application, resistance and the colour fastness of the joint. Materials should be prepared and applied in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
9. Wall-to-wall and floor-to-wall unions can be sealed with s-502, an anti-mildew silicone sealant, or else prefab profiles designed for this purpose can be used.
Download Technical Specification Sheet