1. Surface preparation: Before starting to grout remove all spacers, pegs, ropes or strings and make sure tiles are firmly set and the adhesive or mortar is completely dry. Remove dust and dirt using a wet sponge. Do not leave waterstanding in grout joints.
2. Mixing: Use approximately 1.2 to 1.4 quarts (1.2 to 1.4 liters) of cool clean potable water for 11 lb. (5kg) of Colorstuk 0-4 powder or 6.4 to 7.4 quarts (6 to 7 liters) of cool clean potable water for 55.1 lb (25kg) of Colorstuk 0-4 powder. Place water in a clean mixing container and add grout powder slowly. Mix by hand or with a slow speed mixer to a smooth stiff consistency.Wash mixing tools with water immediately after mixing.
3. Application: To aid in spreading the grout, slightly moisten the tile surface with a damp sponge just prior to application. Do not flood the tiles or allow water to stand in the ungrouted joint areas. Force the grout into the joints with a rigid rubber grout float. Insure that joint is filled and grout is not just sitting on top. Remove excess grout from the tile surface, moving the float diagonally to the joints while the joint is still fresh. The grout surface should be flush with the tile edge.
4. Cleaning: Allow the grout to firm up in the joints sufficiently to avoid damaging the grout surface, usually 10 to 20 minutes, depending upon the temperature, humidity and absorption rate of the tile or stone. Use two buckets of cleaning water: one for rinsing the majority of the grout residue from the cleaning grout sponge and one for moistening the sponge in clean water. Wet the grout sponge and wring out all excess water. Pull the grout sponge flat diagonally across the surface of the tiles or stones (from corner to corner) to remove the remaining grout residue and to smooth the surface of the grout joint. Continue this procedure by repeatedly washing and wringing out the sponge. To prevent discoloration and soft or powdery joints, avoid cleaning with excessive water. To control color variations, rebuff the tile and grout surface one to two hours after cleaning with a clean, dry cloth to remove any remaining surface water or grout residue. Clean tools and hands with clean, soapy water while grout is fresh. If a persistent haze remains after normal cleaning, call Butech's Technical department.
5. Maintenance: Colorstuk‚ tile grouts require routine cleaning with a neutral pH soap and water. Contact Butech's Technical Department for further information regarding maintenance of Colorstuk‚ tile grouts.