Porcelanosa is now in the historic Merchandise Mart in Chicago
Projected Showroom opening date - Late Summer 2009
Built by national retailer Marshall Field Company to house a single wholesale center for the entire nation, The Mart first opened on May 5, 1930. Joseph P. Kennedy was interested in the building's concept, and purchased The Mart in 1945 and the Kennedy family ran it for 50 years. In 1998, Vornado Realty Trust, a leading real estate Investment trust, acquired The Merchandise Mart and MMPI. Christopher Kennedy, grandson of Ambassador Joseph P. Kennedy, serves as president.
Today, The Mart remains the largest trade center in the world and welcomes more than three million visitors each year.
To view the Merchandise Mart's website click here.
Photos courtesy of MMPI