How to Spruce Up your Kitchen for Autumn
September means cooler weather, warm colors and spicy scents and the perfect time for a little home remodeling. I am all about cozy and soft textures filling up my home. Don’t get me wrong, I love summertime. But summer doesn’t evoke the same feeling of comfort and coziness as the season of leaves and foliage does. When I was a child, I remember sitting at the kitchen counter, watching my mom make chili and hot cocoa. It was always picture perfect. There are some awesome decor trends for your kitchen that will create the same childhood comfort for all of us.
- Color is Key. Everyone will agree that fall is all about a new season and changing colors. What better way to spice things up in the old kitchen with a few new colors. Swap out your everyday dishware and decor with a few neutral colors; grey, taupe, cream, even black. Try Porcelanosa’s Rhin Taupe tile to give your kitchen a neutral autumn aesthetic and leave the bold colors to the changing leaves outside.
- Table Setting. If you really want to make a statement fall 2015 but don’t want to spend a shiny penny, simply buy a painters’ drop cloth as your table cloth. You will be amazed with the results. It’s not only the coolest idea but it will make you stand out in a sea of boring.
- Nature Wins. Pumpkins and apples are everyone’s favorite go-to nature items. But what if you went on a different route for this season? Plums and Succulents make the perfect pair. They’re not only trendy but they give the perfect warm hue that people can’t get enough of. When setting a table put a plum on each plate with a few gorgeous succulents as your centerpiece
- Perfect Glow. No light is more perfect than the natural warm glow from a candle. Paired with the backdrop of Porcelanosa’s Park Black Tile Collection, a great way to style any space and give it an impactful effect is just stacking white bulk candles in every crevice of your home. You can never really have enough candles.
- Burlap is still cool. Burlap has made quite the come-back in these last few years and it’s truly one of the most fun items to decorate with. There are countless DIY projects you can do with burlap, especially if you add its greatest match, jute twine! This lovely pair always somehow makes the biggest statement in any space.
I think fall could potentially be the most fun season to decorate for. It’s totally okay to mix a little bit of your grandma’s decor with modern decor. In fact, it’s better and potentially way more fun! For more ideas to help you transition into the new season, visit Porcelanosa’s inspiration gallery.
Kirsten Grove has always had a passion for interior design. Simply Grove is Kirsten’s creative outlet for all things aesthetically beautiful. Started in 2008 as a way to show off eye catching design and decor from all over the world, Simply Grove has become a hang-out for like-minded creatives with a love of interiors and an appetite for design eye-candy. You will also find Kirsten featured in publications and sites like MarthaStewart.com, Better Homes and Gardens, Lucky Magazine, RealLiving Magazine, Elle Decor.com, HGTV.com and Design Sponge to just name a few. She was also named by Saveur as Editors Choice for best Design Blog and has been a speaker at Alt Summit 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.