5 Ways to Get your Living Room Ready for Fall
As the autumn chill begins to fill the air, we crave for our living rooms to become a calm and welcoming retreat. With a few seasonal décor swaps, the area where most relaxing and socializing takes place can be transformed into the perfect space to prepare anyone for the falling leaves and shorter days. With rich color palettes, sophisticated wooden touches, and vintage-inspired accents, this year’s fall trends have us ready to transition the most high-traffic room in the house.
Today, we are partnering with our friends at Porcelanosa to share a few of our favorite styles of the season. After browsing Porcelanosa’s inspiration galleries, we rounded up five interior trends to incorporate into your living room to help usher in autumn. Here’s to creating your cozy and comfortable hideout for the cold months ahead.
- Add a rustic elegance by combining contrasting styles of wood. The mix creates a modern cabin feel without feeling overdone. Get The Look: Use neutral Ascot Roble wood tiles for the floor and accent smaller areas, like the mantle and ceiling beams, with rugged dark wood.
- Create an inviting environment by positioning furniture around the fireplace. Move chairs and end tables closer together to give the illusion of a more defined and snug space. Fashion tables with stacks of magazines and entertaining equipment for ultimate relaxing. Get The Look: Highlight the fireplace with natural stones for a vintage feel, like Brick Bombay, and surround it with a grouping of contemporary pieces.
- If your living room features white walls and lighter floors, you can transition the space by infusing the rich colors associated with the season. The sophisticated tones will give the room a welcoming and warm atmosphere. Get The Look: Warm up the Bruselas Acero wood-looking tiles with a deep gray couch and dark accessories like a matte black firewood basket.
- Balance modern tiles with classic cozy touches. Layer pillows and woven throws over seating areas and bring warmth to the living space with fur-topped side tables. Get The Look: The neutral Tibet Caliza floor tiles offer the perfect foundation for showcasing textured and toasty décor.
- Mix and match contemporary and vintage-inspired textures together for a striking update. The layering opportunities are endless! Get The Look: Retro plaid seat cushions can instantly make the tufted leather couch more approachable, while the Bruselas Vintage floor tile give the clean-lined furniture a more relaxed feel.
Clementine Daily is an online space for real women living authentic-sometimes-frenzied-often-harried-but-always-inspired lives. Featuring original content, powerhouse writers and stunning photography for beauty, style, home, living and food, Clementine Daily celebrates the beauty of today’s multi-faceted, modern woman.